Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 28 14 7:06 PM

Tags : :

As the Dead Ses Scrolls refered to him..... Also trying to prove his lineage from Benjamin, although the tribe was pretty much done by his time, is he the "ravenous wolf" spoken of in Scripture? Is there a chance he could truly be the "Apollyon" mentioned in Revalation? In the Gospels, the writers are alwyas referencing YHVH or Yahshua, but our first-century "Jerry Lewis"  says "I, Paul" more than anything else! I've seen enough to think the Books of Enoch and Jubilees put BACK into the Bible, but this miserable fool's writing be discarded and forgotten, "Covered by the sands of time". Your thoughts?

"Dancing Barefoot in the Ashes"Blue_butterfly

Last Edited By: Nightflighter Apr 11 14 8:00 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 11 14 8:32 AM

I am using quotes here as part of the "fair use" dcotrine, and not copy/pasting entire articles; only things that are pertinent to the discussion.... :)

Paul the Egyptian false prophet of Acts 21:38 ?
Acts 21:38 "Are you not the Egyptian who some time ago stirred up a rebellion and led the four thousand assassins out into the wilderness?"
This question was asked of Paul by a Roman commander . Why?
Either Paul went by the name of Apollonius or the Roman commander knew about Apollonius the Egyptian false prophet and what Apollonius looked like.
You can read about the Egyptian false prophet and trouble maker from The Wars of the Jews By Flavius Josephus, William Whiston pg 100
Also of notice, Apollonius also approved of Titus and the taking of Jerusalem. Titus also invites Apollonius to come see him as a soothsayer " a divinatory" "able to see the future events" for Titus future behavior as a ruler. Page 197,198 The Monist, Volume 13

Paul, collectively, speaks of himself -- "I, PAUL," -- and uses the personal pronoun "I" more than the name of Jesus. Interestingly, the Greek word for "I" is EGO. Christ said: He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
(JOHN 7:18)

Christ came in His Father's name, and as seen throughout Paul's writings, Paul clearly came in his own name. Christ said: "if another come in his own name, he you will receive" (JOHN 5:43).

I might remind you that Paul, boasting of his willingness
to be a martyr for Christ, realized his fate and instead
of appealing to the Heavenly Father for strength, he
appealed to Rome's Pater, Father Caesar.

Instead of claiming to be a citizen of Heaven and
facing an immediate death, he claimed to be a
citizen of Rome. Caesar was Paul's father/pater
and Caiaphus was his high priest, not Christ.

And when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." Acts 21:12,13
But Festus, wanting to do the Jews a favor, answered Paul and said, "Are you willing to go up to Jerusalem and there be judged before me concerning these things?" Then Paul said, "I stand at Caesar's judgment seat, where I ought to be judged. To the Jews I have done no wrong, as you very well know. For if I am an offender, or have committed anything worthy of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar." Then Festus, when he had conferred with the council, answered, "You have appealed to Caesar? To Caesar you shall go!" Acts 25:9-12
Caesar!!! Of all the people to seek justice from, Paul opts for appealing to the likes of Caesar Nero!! Nero! You know..., that blood thirsty tyrant who murdered untold numbers of innocent people including his own mother! And Paul says that this is where he "ought to be judged"! This is the height of hypocrisy for Paul in light of the fact that he had previously instructed the Corinthians not to seek justice from the unrighteous. All of 1 Corinthians 6:1-11 is telling... here are the highlights.
"Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?... If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?... Now therefore, it is an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another, Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be defrauded?" 1 Corinthians 6:1,4,7

Paul couldn't even practice what he preached. And what ever happened to, "I am willing to die in Jerusalem for Christ"? It was a statement of willingness to be a martyr and "accept wrong". Paul tried to explain to Festus that he didn't deserve to die because he had done nothing wrong. What martyr ever thought he deserved to die? Can anyone imagine Yahshua saying to Pilate, "I don't deserve to die. I appeal to Caesar for justice"? Of course not! And what is just as absurd is that Paul said he was willing to go to his death if he did deserve it! How many individuals who know they deserve death are perfectly willing to go quietly to their execution? This entire picture that Paul has painted is stood on its head! True martyrs, like Yahshua, go quietly. The guilty at least protest, if not scream, all the way! It was the grandest act of cowardice Paul could have made in light of the fact that he had bragged he was willing to die as a martyr. He didn't go through with it because the bottom line for Paul was the preservation of self and the image he had made for himself among the Gentiles. As has been shown in previous chapters, Paul was terribly full of himself... even putting himself above Moses. No one who is full of themselves is truly willing to die as a martyr. They might well brag that they are, because they are full of themselves... to uplift their image in the eyes of men. But when it comes down to hard choices, self-centered men will always play the coward.

Paul knew what to expect in Jerusalem. He knew that the Jews had probably obtained copies of his letters and were preparing to cross examine him about the things he had written. They might very well have had it in mind to bring up the quotes mentioned above from Galatians and Philippians. And besides all this we have to ask: Where in the world was James? Why didn't he come to Paul's defense seeing he had "myriads" of observant Messianic Jews following his leadership? If it was all just a simple misunderstanding why didn't James straighten things out? Remember, it was James who put Paul up to going to the temple to prove himself in the first place! James had been made aware of Paul's writings and knew he couldn't defend him. Paul, on the other hand, didn't stand a chance in Jerusalem and he knew it. He knew Nero didn't care one bit about the Jewish Law. He might well have had it in mind to bring to Nero's attention other things he had written... like:
"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves." Romans 13:1-2

"Dancing Barefoot in the Ashes"Blue_butterfly

Last Edited By: Nightflighter Apr 11 14 8:37 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help